The Latest in Waterborne Technology for the Aerospace Industry
We accept Visa We accept Mastercard

Is Stewart System Mature?

Posted: Monday, September 12, 2011 2:36 PM Quote
Hello

I am shopping for a fabric covering system for my home built and debating between Poly Fibre and Stewart. Though the poly fibre requires a lot of precautions due to MEK, it seems to be a mature product. I attended a fabric covering workshop recently and the instructor who has been in this business for about 40 years swears by it and claims that so far no water based system has been proven to be stable.

I would really like to hear more about the stewart system.  I do understand that if the product is new obviously it is difficult to compare with a system that has been used for over 40 years but would like to know what makes the manufacturer so confident that this product will outlast a poly fibre covering.

Thanks
Hari
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2011 9:33 PM Quote
Stewart Systems has a 20 year history. It began as Aircraft Finishing Systems and the name changed when the Stewart Brothers purchased that company 5 years ago. Like any finishing system results vary depending on the person applying the product and I won't tell anyone that this process is absolutely hands down the best thing since sliced bread but it does have many advantages and has rapidly become one of the most popular finishing processes available. It's the only system that has been tested to the modern FAR part 23 certification standards and passed with flying colors.

Jason