The Latest in Waterborne Technology for the Aerospace Industry
We accept Visa We accept Mastercard

using eko-clean

Posted: Sunday, April 8, 2012 8:20 PM Quote
Sprayed eko-fill on wing a few months ago, befor going to the next coats you recommend cleaning with eko-clean @ 18:1 dillution then rinse with a wet towel. When doing so it bubbles up showing a lot of residue from the eko-clean. Will this affect the addhesion or other wise affect the next coats or do I have to  remove all the residue? Also should wiping down with alcohol be done at all stages after sanding or just for the top coat, before or after tack rag, water born compatiable of course.
Posted: Monday, April 9, 2012 1:46 PM Quote
If I have parts that had been sprayed with EkoFill and they are dirty and I wanted to clean them before spraying more EkoFill or the EkoPoly you don't need to scrub the parts but rather to rinse them off with the EkoClean. The EkoFill will absorb the moisture quickly and you may even have some spotting but when the parts are wiped off with a wet towel and left to dry over night you should then scuff sand them again, tack rag, and wipe the surface lightly with Isopropyl Alcohol. Always keep parts that are just up through EkoFill covered with a bed sheet to keep the dust and other contaminates off. If it's been 3-4 months I would probably spray one more coat of EkoFill before going to the top coat after cleaning and sanding the old EkoFill.

When spraying EkoFill I don't wipe with Alcohol until after the final coats have been sprayed and I'm prepping for the color.

I also wipe the EkoPoly with alcohol before applying tapes and sanding for trim colors and after sanding before paining the next color.

Jason