The Latest in Waterborne Technology for the Aerospace Industry
We accept Visa We accept Mastercard

"Paint Booth" lighting

Posted: Sunday, March 4, 2012 9:04 PM Quote
I'm inching closer to getting that top coat happening, and have noticed on the DVD's that the Stewart Systems paint booth has flourescent light fittings mounted vertically along the wall.

I won't have a permanent paint booth but will be using some plastic sheeting inside my garage. Since this will affect the amount of light in my "spray booth" I thought I'd mount some flourescent light fittings on vertical stands which will also help keep the plastic away from myself and the wing I'm painting.

I've now just got an opportunity to obtain some free/cheap light fittings. So how many should I try and get to give me enough light to see what's going on?

Many Thanks,
Don H
VH-CRR
Posted: Monday, March 5, 2012 6:49 PM Quote
Your best bet on lighting is to have as many possible lights. It's best to buy the newer T-8 bulbs because you can buy different color spectrum bulbs closer to the natural light. Pro paint booths use the 4 bulb fixtures with the bulbs spaced 6" apart. Horizontal seems to be more popular than vertical orientation. Look at pictures of pro paint booths on line for reference.

Jason