The Latest in Waterborne Technology for the Aerospace Industry
We accept Visa We accept Mastercard

Painting Colors

Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 2:03 PM Quote
What is the best way to lay out the colors?  I am trying to avoid having to paint the fuselage all white, only to cover it with red (top half) and black (bottom half) with a thin white line between them with large white N-number.  Can I paint white on the side of the fuselage where the line/N-number will be?  My concern is how the red/black will look at those locations where the white is on the fabric.  Or should I just suck-it-up and paint the whole thing then paint on the colors.  Thanks
Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 2:18 PM Quote
Red MUST go over a white base so spray out the top and half way down the sides with white EkoFill or (white EkoPrime if experimental) then shoot the red. There is no need to mask off where it ends since you will come back and spray black over the top of the grey EkoFill and red up to your area of the white stripe. Then mask off the white line and tail numbers and paint it over the red/black.

Red needs a white base- use a primer for that
Black & White covers the same over any color base

Since you have the least amount in white and it covers the fine over both the black and red then apply it last.

Jason
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 8:22 AM Quote
By painting and filling the colors it will look awesome. the combination of "white and red" or "white and red" will suit it the most.
charcoal paintings