The Latest in Waterborne Technology for the Aerospace Industry
We accept Visa We accept Mastercard

EkoBond Glue

Posted: Monday, November 21, 2011 5:47 PM Quote
I have a concern with cold temperatures.  Not knowing and not using Ekobond I am looking for feedback regarding the effects cold temperatures have on the product?  Does it have a brittle state in -20 f.  Any testaments from Alaska users that have stood the test of time?

Thanks
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2011 5:58 PM Quote
No issues in the cold. Many builders in cold environments. Feed back is that our covering/painting system holds up equal to an in most cases better than all other covering systems. Contact Vicky at Tamarack air in Fairbanks about cold weather durability.

Everything is susceptible to damage at -40 deg F. Just don't get crazy with the broom knocking the snow off.

Jason
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 9:19 AM Quote
I have a question, concerning the glue.  What type of paint can I use for any glue overrun such as with pink tape, this is a large scale model of a Pitts special  55% size  so I don't need any FAA accepted material just need what works.

Thanks
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 7:56 AM Quote
After applying tapes with the EkoBond you clean the fabric with EkoClean before brushing a cross coat of Ekofill into the weave which seals and protects the fabric. For a model airplane you can use what you like to prime and paint but I suggest using our Ekoprime one part primer since most types of paint are compatible with it

Jason
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 7:45 PM Quote
Hi Jason,

I found this message regarding dealing with an open cockpit finished in linen Ekobond. It's what I want to do with my Hatz Classic but white Ekofill is no longer available. What is the new recommended schedule for applying Stewart products to give the linen look of a vintage open cockpit?  I have two Quarts of linen Ekobond, some grey Ekofill and some white Ekoprime.  

John EBENSPERGER

Thanks

jason gerard wrote:
Regarding the "Linen" glue, yes it's the same but with a different color. We use the "Linen" EkoBond to mimic the old antique look of a cotton and dope covering job. It's primarily used on open cockpit biplanes where you don't have an interior to hide the back side of the fabric.

Use the Linen colored EkoBond to apply the fabric and tapes on the fuse. Then dilute the Linen EkoBond up to 10% with water and brush into the weave of the fabric. Do not leave any glue on the surface of the fabric you only want it in the weave. Then you would spray a x-coat of the white EKoFill to lock in the light tan color of the glue. Now you can spray 2-3 x-coats of grey EkoFill before top coating with EKoPoly

Doing this the fabric will have the proper appearance that a vintage aircraft should have when looking in the cockpit. The entire back side of the fabric will be a light tan instead of grey with green stripes everywhere a tape is.

Jason
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 7:54 PM Quote
use the white EkoPrime instead of the White EkoFill then spray the grey EkoFill for the UV protection.  I'd suggest making a practice panel first to test out your technique

Jason
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 10:20 PM Quote
Good advice. I'll be sure to practice.

Thanks