The Latest in Waterborne Technology for the Aerospace Industry
We accept Visa We accept Mastercard

Paint Gun

Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 6:57 PM Quote
Isocyanates are part of the chemistry in the catalyst.

Waterborne paint Isocyanates are less hazardous than solvent borne, but that being said they are still not good for you. The good news is that to neutralize the Isocyanate you use 50% water by volume. So when using waterborne catalyzed paint that uses water as a reducer at a 1:1 ratio with the catalyst like we do you end up neutralizing and encapsulating the Iso's. So do not get any water near the catalyst or in the bottle because it will ruin it. Once the catalyst and resin are mixed only then can you add water to reduce to a sprayable viscosity.

Isocyanates are attracted to moisture. With solvent based paint systems your body is the source of moisture and Isocyanates are able to soak through your clothes and skin and into your blood stream. If you wear the same shoes painting with solvents every day even the overspray that soaks through your shoes and socks will get into your blood stream and can make you sick.
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 12:54 PM Quote
Hi Jason,

I have an IWATA Supernova with a 1.3mm tip.  I’m interested in any tips you may have on spray settings for this particular gun compared to the DeVilbiss settings in the videos.  I have a bunch of practice test panels before I start on my Super Cub.
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 5:21 PM Quote
shall wrote:
Hi,
I am looking to use the Stewart System to paint my aircraft. A few questions.

Is there any reason not to use a Hvlp pressure fed gun? It would sure be easier than toting that weight around all the time on top of the gun. Something like this maybe
http://www.spraygunworld.com/products/Asturo/ECO%20K1%20Flag/Asturo%20ECO%20K1-I%20P2liter.html

Thanks Steven

Hi,
I have started priming my wing but have had a lot of trouble. Mixed per instructions but the paint keeps building up on the diffuser ruining the spray pattern and eventualy blocking up the centre paint outlet. Using settings as per DVD and using the gun in the link below with the green cap.
Tearing my hair out, heeeeelp. Steven

http://www.spraygunworld.com/products/CAT/CAT%20Techline%20II%20Start.html
Posted: Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:52 PM Quote
Water neutralizes the isocyanate in the catalyst so as long as you don't lick the bottle of catalyst or try to wash your hands with it once you mix the paint and catalyst together and reduce it with water the toxicity goes away.

Jason
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 5:17 PM Quote
Have just started priming...Dan, the Eastwood Concours hlvp works great.  Am using the 1.2 tip as it doesn't come with 1.3, but is doing a great job.  Using the gram scale for proper ratios looks to be critical, as at first I was getting some runs. Just a couple of grams less h2o fixed the problem.

Compressor (3hp/8cf is providing more then enough air.  Got a rug drying fan from HomeDepot that draws air through my garage out the window....so wify is happy that I'm not getting overspray on her side of the garage.
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 9:15 PM Quote
Water neutralizes the ISO's so after mixing the catalyst into the paint and reducing with water it's not toxic unlike the solvent based coatings

Jason
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 10:27 AM Quote
Hi Jason,
I am looking at purchasing an Anesti LS400 Supernova gun to use your products to paint metal and fabric on a DH Chipmunk.  Which tip size should I get 1.3 or 1.4?  I am looking at a kit that contains both the Silver and Gold caps, is that worthwhile?
Thanks,
Ross