The Latest in Waterborne Technology for the Aerospace Industry
We accept Visa We accept Mastercard

Gloss level

Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2014 3:11 PM Quote
Hello Jason, I would appreciate your advice please.
I have progressed well with my vintage biplane and have now completed two of the four wing and the fuselage.

Initially I tried to use the flattener mixed into the EkoPoly but decided not to preserver with the flattener and now using the EkoPoly without additives. I had discussions with Dan about the flattener and don't want to use it at the moment.

I have had difficulty getting all of the surfaces to finish with the same level of gloss.

Some of my surfaces have a nice semi gloss sheen, others surfaces have the high gloss wet look. I am not sure how I am managing to achieve these different finishes but the more experienced I get with the last coat, I think it gets more glossy?

I would like to have all surfaces the same less glossy look.

I also suspect that I am getting a glossier finish when I have the part vertical rather than sitting flat on trestles.

Can you suggest any trials I can make to achieve the lower level of gloss consistently?

I look forward to your advice please.

PS I am following the information given on your videos.
PSS Forgot to say I am using the Butyrate lookalike E22802G Metallic Silver EkoPoly Premium
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 5:15 PM Quote
Fino2442 wrote:
Hello Jason, I would appreciate your advice please.
I have progressed well with my vintage biplane and have now completed two of the four wing and the fuselage.

Initially I tried to use the flattener mixed into the EkoPoly but decided not to preserver with the flattener and now using the EkoPoly without additives. I had discussions with Dan about the flattener and don't want to use it at the moment.

I have had difficulty getting all of the surfaces to finish with the same level of gloss.

Some of my surfaces have a nice semi gloss sheen, others surfaces have the high gloss wet look. I am not sure how I am managing to achieve these different finishes but the more experienced I get with the last coat, I think it gets more glossy?

I would like to have all surfaces the same less glossy look.

I also suspect that I am getting a glossier finish when I have the part vertical rather than sitting flat on trestles.

Can you suggest any trials I can make to achieve the lower level of gloss consistently?

I look forward to your advice please.

PS I am following the information given on your videos.
PSS Forgot to say I am using the Butyrate lookalike E22802G Metallic Silver EkoPoly Premium

I did not receive any feedback or help about this issue. Is my problem unique and no hep is available??