The Latest in Waterborne Technology for the Aerospace Industry
We accept Visa We accept Mastercard

Antenna Installation

Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 2:36 PM Quote
My aircraft is finish painted and I need to add an antenna.  I intend to add an .040 Aluminum backing plate between two longerons up against the fabric.  Do I glue the AL to the fabric?  How do I cut the 9/16" hole for the connector?  Do I need to reinforce the fabric at that hole or the two 8/32 antenna mounting holes?
Thank you in advance.
mike hoover
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 11:27 PM Quote
Do you have to put the antenna there? I'd highly suggest mounting it internally or using the newer style strip type that is designed for internal mounting.

If you must install as you initially asked then glue a scrap piece of fabric to the alum first before installing it and gluing it to the inside of the existing fabric. Bend the sides of the sheet away from the fabric so there isn't a sharp edge for the fabric to vibrate on. Antennas shake!! Once the glue dries just drill away and mount up your antenna. Again I'd choose a different location or type of antenna

Jason
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2015 12:35 AM Quote
I want to mount the antenna on a +/- 2ft sq. ground plane aft of the baggage area of my Pacer. Question is does Ekofill affect radio signals like the silver uv coating normally used?