The Latest in Waterborne Technology for the Aerospace Industry
We accept Visa We accept Mastercard

7600 process

Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 5:31 AM Quote
I started restoring an Aeronca Champ some 20 years ago, while I was single... I bought the Blue River 7600 system since it was a system without nasty solvents. Then I got married. So now 20+ years later I am back working on the Champ. I spoke with someone from Stewart Systems at Sun & Fun several years ago and I asked them if my 7600 fabric is compatable with your system. They felt sure it was. I would hope I could use the fabric to save some $$$. Any suggestions or advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bob K.  aka: planemech
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 2:59 PM Quote
If you have the old yellow fabric I would not use it.  Most builders that used that fabric didn't like it and the aircraft I have seen that used it had more adhesion issues than the ones that used regular ceconite.

The most preferred fabric at this time is the Superflite fabric.  We also recommend using light finishing tapes regardless of what weight fabric you choose to use.

Jason
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 10:26 PM Quote
Thanks Jason for the advice. Is there a breakdown of what is needed to cover a Champ?

Thanks again, Bob K.
Posted: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 12:40 PM Quote
Send an email and I can send you a materials quote for a champ.  Include a picture of the paint scheme you wish to use.

Jason
Posted: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 7:22 PM Quote
Thank you, Jason
EMAIL on the way
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 7:14 PM Quote
I was suckered into using the ceconite 7600 process in the late 80's and it was a disaster.  my fabric did have the clear "dope" installed in the yellow colored fabric.  after a couple of years, the fabric loosened up and the glue seams failed.  what a disaster.  it would use, NOTHING related to that process for anything ever again.  I am at the point of covering an avipro bearhawk now.  i am trying to convince myself to try another water borne process to do this to avoid the fumes and health hazards.  any thoughts, opinions, and/or testimonials on the stewart  stysems process would be really helpful in my making the right decision.  i have used other systems and i realize you have to follow the directions as this system is different, but is the system durable in cold climates such as in Alaska, where I live?  

thanks in advance.  rob.
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 7:14 PM Quote
I was suckered into using the ceconite 7600 process in the late 80's and it was a disaster.  my fabric did have the clear "dope" installed in the yellow colored fabric.  after a couple of years, the fabric loosened up and the glue seams failed.  what a disaster.  it would use, NOTHING related to that process for anything ever again.  I am at the point of covering an avipro bearhawk now.  i am trying to convince myself to try another water borne process to do this to avoid the fumes and health hazards.  any thoughts, opinions, and/or testimonials on the stewart  stysems process would be really helpful in my making the right decision.  i have used other systems and i realize you have to follow the directions as this system is different, but is the system durable in cold climates such as in Alaska, where I live?  

thanks in advance.  rob.