The Latest in Waterborne Technology for the Aerospace Industry
We accept Visa We accept Mastercard

touch-up gun

Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 7:21 AM Quote
I am ready to put some primer on some smaller assemblies and would like to know if there is a touch-up size gun you would recommend. Regards, Dana LaBounty
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 2:02 PM Quote
Sorry Dana, I have no information on small touch-up paint guns. I would buy the best one you can get. Most people go cheap when buying the small paint guns but that is not what you want. Smaller means you need tighter control over manufacturing and higher precision to get good results. A 1 to 1.2 mm nozzle would be fine when using a small paint gun.

Jason
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 7:20 AM Quote
Jason,

Thanks, that pretty much where I was going. I'll start with the top Devillbis then the Sato's. I just thought the touch up guns would be ideal for putting primer in all the nooks and crannies without wasting a bunch of paint. Regards, Dana LaBounty
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:03 AM Quote
if you are using it for primer it's not that big of a deal but for a quality paint job it is.

Jason
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 9:13 PM Quote
Hi Jason,
    My question is along the same lines.  I covered and painted my wings last year and got to the fuselage and tail sooner than I expected.  I will be painting in a different location where I have to choose either using a smaller hvlp (6cfm, 1.4mm) or teaming up several compressors to get enough air for my Finishline 3.  I think I used more Ekofill on the wings than was necessary.  
    What can I expect from the smaller gun?  Will it be good for the Ekofill but not the EkoPoly?  I will be using the small gun for the interior (fabric covered) and that experience will probably give me the answer.  
Thanks,
Al
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2015 9:31 AM Quote
I had to open up a wingtip (long story.) I need to prime/paint a very small area. Any new thoughts on touchup guns? I love my Tekna ProLITE but I really don't want to run that big of a gun for the small area. I will also be painting inspection panels, landing light frames, etc. as we move forward.

Also, is there any way to mix a smaller batch of paint? Maybe it is easier to ask: is there another way to set the viscosity of the paint in a 4-10 ounce batch?

Jim